Accountant Position in the Mining Industry Darwin
This exciting, new opportunity has arisen for a qualified Financial Accountant to work for a private sector organisation in Darwin.
Your new role
As an experienced Accountant, you will support the Manager, and work closely with the Operations Management team, other employees and teams at other sites, suppliers and contractors, and auditors. You will assist with all aspects of finance and accounting, and assist in managing and developing accounting policies and functions across site and in preparing the internal and external reporting and analysis requirements.
You will be responsible for:
- Month end accounting functions
- Accurate reporting
- Monthly management reports
- Providing advice and support to the operations including projects, fixed asset register and reporting
- Providing support to site in understanding and analysing of operating costs
- Balance sheet reconciliations; ensuring data accuracy in the generation of the Trial Balance FBT compliance and reporting
- Preparing and lodging the quarterly ABS returns
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecast packs
- Maintaining and reviewing the Chart of accounts
- Contributing to the development and improvement of financial operating procedures and policies
- Maintaining and administering the capital accounting process
- Maintaining the contracts register
- Providing support in the review of key operational contracts
- Pronto administration and more!
What you’ll need to succeed
You will have previous financial accounting experience with a tertiary qualification in Accounting, Commerce or similar; and ideally full CPA/CA status or be working towards this. You will have post-graduation experience and a strong technical accounting knowledge with accurate attention to detail. You will have a flexible approach and experience working in a small team.
Experience gained within a commercial accounting environment, especially resources and mining, is an advantage. Mine site experience is desirable. You should have sound computer skills, particularly strong Excel skills. Experience with Pronto is an advantage.
Candidates must have the right to reside and work in Australia.
What you’ll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive rate equivalent to a salary of $90k-$100k during the initial 6 month contract period, with the possibility of an extension and working hours of Monday to Friday (8am-5pm). An immediate start is on offer. You will be Darwin based however required to travel to site (in company vehicle) and stay overnight 1 – 2 times per month.