Accounts Officer/Clerk – Brisbane
Pareto Phone Pty Ltd are looking for an Accounts Officer/ Clerk in Brisbane.
Pareto Phone Pty Ltd is a young and energetic telephone fundraising agency that helps charities change the world for the better. We work for some of Australia and New Zealand’s largest, and best known, charities.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accounts Officer will have an operational focus. This position will include the following responsibilities:
- Accurate and timely processing of all aspects of the accounts receivable function including invoicing, receipting and reconciliation
- Accurate and timely processing of all aspects of the accounts payable function ensuring all AP invoices are authorised, processed and paid within trading terms
- Bank reconciliations
- Credit card reconciliations
- Fixed Asset processing acquisition, disposal and depreciation
- Monthly General Ledger reconciliations
- Payroll tax and PAYG calculations and payments
- Payroll backup
- Assistance with End of Month and End of Financial Year Processes (including journal entries and accruals)
- Accounts to Trial Balance
- Ad hoc reporting & filing
We envisage this role to be around 15-20 hours per week, spread over 3 4 days, but flexibility around month end time frames is a necessity. In return, Pareto can offer flexible working arrangements. Remuneration of circa $50k pro rata (negotiable depending on experience) plus super and additional staff benefits will apply.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, proactive and highly organised person who can maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail within their work, while adhering to strict deadlines. To be successful in this role you will need a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role and be able to work both autonomously and as a team player. Exposure to Sage Accpac will be advantageous but not essential, although intermediate knowledge of excel, proficiency in MS Office & high level data entry skills is required.