Advanced Certificate in Accounting
Become a Qualified Accounting Technician!
Fast track your accounting career with The Career Academy. This Advanced Certificate is unique to The Career Academy and specifically designed for those working or who have worked in an entry through to intermediate level accounting role, who wish to gain a formal qualification and recognition of their experience. AAT Global is the world’s leading professional body for accounting technicians, with over 140,000 members. Your membership gives your clients the confidence that you meet AAT Global’s renowned international standards.
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- Fast track your accounting career, increase your earning potential and get ahead with an AAT Approved Training Provider
- Become a qualified member of the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- Gain this qualification for your CV
- Receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email
- Gain AAT Professional Membership* – once you successfully complete this qualification and meet the AAT membership criteria, you can apply for AAT full membership and achieve professional MAAT status.
- FREE Student Membership to IPA upon enrolment and Graduate Associate Membership of IPA upon completion!
Potential Career Outcomes
The Career Academy’s Accounting graduates are often employed in small businesses or within the finance department of large-multinational companies. On completion of this course, you may apply for jobs such as:
- Accounting Technician
The availability of accounting-related roles in Australia is expected to increase resulting in over 84,000 job openings over 5 years. The salary range for Accounting Technicians is between $62,278 – 76,876 per year.
Sources: Seek, The Department of Education
Qualification details: Gain membership to AAT Global. Gain an internationally recognised credential, respected and valued by employers. Your AAT membership will be awarded by AAT Global, not AAT Australia.
Investment: $1,795 + GST or from only $25 per week on an interest free payment plan.
Assessments: Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments.
Delivery and support: Online with tutor support via email or phone.
Duration: Approximately 200 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 12 months until you complete.
Qualification details: Gain membership to the Association of Accounting Technicians as an AAT. Gain an internationally recognised credential, respected and valued by employers. Your AAT membership will be awarded by AAT Global, not AAT Australia.
AAT Professional Membership
To be eligible to pursue AAT Professional Membership you are required to complete six AAT Assessments. By completing the assessments within The Career Academy Advanced Certificate in Accounting you qualify for an exemption from three of these exams, and you must complete the other three exams on-site at one of the AAT facilities in the main centres across Australia. The three exams that you must complete at the AAT venue are Financial Statements of Limited Companies, External Auditing and the Professional Synoptic Assessment.
AAT Professional Advanced Certificate in Accounting
Step two is completing the AAT Professional Advanced Certificate in Accounting. This compressive qualification covers higher accounting tasks, including drafting financial statements, managing budgets and evaluation of financial performance. This comprehensive course builds on the practical accounting skills and knowledge obtained through the Certificate in Accounting. It will further enhance your accounting skills, enabling you to pursue a career in accounting, finance or business.
AAT Professional Advanced Certificate in Accounting
Comprises the following modules:
– Accounting & Business Prior Knowledge Quiz
Accounting with Excel:
– Accounting using Microsoft Excel
– Accounting and Business
– Determining Profit
– Issues in Income Determination & Asset Valuation
Advanced Accounting Principles:
– Tracking Cash & Controlling Assets
– Internal Decision Making
– Analysing Financial Reports
– Financial Reporting Framework
– Cost Classification
– Costing Methods
– Product & Process Costing
– Standard Costs & Variance Analysis
Advanced Management Accounting:
– Activity Based Costing
– Budgeting & CVP Analysis
– Performance Management & Measurement
– Inventory Management & Planning
– Management Accounting: Budgeting
– Management Accounting: Decision and Control
– Fundamentals of Income Tax
– Understanding GST
Accounting with Xero:
– Introduction to Xero Online
– Xero Chart of Accounts
– Managing Contacts with Xero
– Xero Sales, Invoices, Quotes & Inventory
– Xero Purchases & Bills
– Xero Bank Reconciliation & Managing Accounts
– Xero Reporting Overview
– Xero & Payroll Add-ons
– Bank Reconciliation & Activity Statement Preparation with Xero
– Aged Receivables & Payables in Xero
– Managing Fixed Assets with Xero
– Budgeting with Xero
– Tracking Categories in Xero
– Report Preparation and Analysis in Xero
– Customising Templates in Xero
– How to Make the Most of Xero
– SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 1
– SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 2
– SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 3
– Verification, Completeness & Justification
– Financial Statements of Limited Companies
– Accounting Systems & Controls
– External Auditing
Meet Nikki Sim – Accounting Technician during the weekdays, rally driver on the weekends!
Nikki become an Accounting Technician with The Career Academy while working full time and keeping up with her hobby of rally driving on the weekends with her partner. She said the team at The Career Academy really know how to support and guide people towards their goals and it is great that you can fit study in around your other commitments. She now works at Robinson Interiors, who provide interior fit outs for super yachts. Her role involves daily office management, PA to the CEO as well as performing the main financial functions for the business.