Advanced Certificate in Hospitality & Tourism
Gain an endorsed Advanced Certificate in Hospitality & Tourism!
Learn how to be a responsible, qualified bar tender, a capable, certified travel agent, a competent, recognised hotel manager and a knowledgeable, acknowledged restaurateur. This course is endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality and combines our four Travel and Hospitality courses into one Advanced Certificate, offering you a range of information whilst saving you money.
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- Get qualified and earn more with a new job or promotion
- Increase your job prospects and learn key office Hospitality & Tourism skills
- Learn online, at your own pace, with tutor support by phone and email
- Flexible online study – work at your own pace in your own time. We can work around you!
- Get ahead of the job market – employers want applicants who are qualified in Hospitality & Tourism
Investment: $1795 + GST or from only $25 on an interest FREE payment plan
Assessments: Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments, 38 interactive assessments.
Duration: Approximately 380 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete within 6 months
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 12 months until you complete
Next Enrolment Period: Start immediately
Delivery & Support: Online with tutor support via email or phone
Become a Hotel Manager!
Learn about hotel resort management and hospitality management with this interactive online course. The most successful hotel managers have training, experience, networking (industry connections), communication and I.T. skills, personality, creativity, problem solving skills, awareness, attitude and more. This course covers it all!
Do you want a career in travel or tourism?
Get a step in the door with this interactive online course. This course is designed to develop your skills in Tourism Planning and Management. The tourism industry encompasses the provision of all those services used by people when travelling away from home, including booking services, transport, accommodation, tourist retail outlets and attractions
Food & Beverage Management
Run a restaurant or catering business
This course develops an excellent and sound foundation for working in a restaurant, catering or other food service enterprise. Topics covered vary from kitchen and food management to planning a menu, restaurant staffing and waiter/waitress skills. Study this course to take a step towards a career in food!
Potential Career Outcomes
The Career Academy’s Hospitality & Tourism graduates are often employed in Hotels and Travel Agencies once they graduate. On successful completion of this course, you may be able to apply for jobs such as:
- Hotel Manager
- Tour Operator
- Event & Conference Organiser
- Leisure Activity Co-Ordinator
The Australian Government has identified Tourism as one of Australia’s ‘High-Growth’ sectors over the next two decades. Hospitality & Tourism-related roles in Australia is expected to increase resulting in 91,000+ job openings over the next 5 years. The salary range for hospitality and tourism is between $41,600 – $66,650 per year.
Sources: Australian Industry and Skills Committee, Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business, Pay Scale Australia
Hospitality Services (Food & Beverage)
- Introduction to Human Nutrition & Cooking
- Kitchen and Food Management
- Planning a Menu
- Scope and Nature of Catering Services & Personnel Management
- Management of Catering Services
- Introduction to the Bar Industry
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Mixing Drinks & Service Procedures
- Fundamentals of Wine Appreciation
Tourism & Travel
- Travel Industry Overview
- Money, Insurance, Legalities and Other Issues
- Transport – Airline reservations
- Transport – Car Rental
- Transport – Other
- Package Tours
- Travel Agency Procedure Systems
Hotel Operations Management
- Scope & Nature of Hotel Management
- Organisation of the Workplace
- Staff Management
- Control Systems in Hotels
- Front Desk Management
- Servicing Rooms & general Cleaning
- Building & Facility Management
- Activities Management
- Food Service in Hotels
- RSA Assessment