Business Administration Pathway
Become a professional Business Administrator!
Become a professional Business Administrator with our Business Administration Pathway and fast track your administration career. You’ll complete a ten-week certificate followed by an Assessment of Competence with The Career Academy, and then a Deakin University Professional Practice Credential in business communication. The credential is a mini-degree or certification in a specific topic area.
- Gain two qualifications to add to your CV
- Certificate in Business Administration
- Deakin University Professional Practice Credential in Business Communication
- Opens doors for further personal growth via a pathway into Deakin University
- Flexible online study – work at your own pace in your own time
- Receive unlimited one-on-one tutor support
This course is designed for
- Office Managers/Administrators who would like to gain a qualification
- Job seekers wanting to upskill in the administration industry
- Anyone wanting a Deakin University credential
Three steps to gain your Credential from Deakin University!
- Complete The Career Academy Certificate in Business Administration
- Complete an Assessment of Competence
- Submit your work to Deakin University and receive your credential in Business Communication.
What students say about our Certificate in Business Administration
★★★★★ “I found this course absolutely fantastic to get an understanding of what skills and knowledge was needed for admin type jobs from the basics of microsoft office all the way through to payroll and understanding how to use Xero. The assessments and learning modules were all set out in an easy to read and understand way and the support from the tutors was amazing. Very quick to answer any questions and help with parts I didn’t understand. The course fit in perfectly around my two young children and I am looking forward to studying even more through the Career Academy!” – Melissa Edge
Credentials awarded by Deakin University
Investment: $1,495 + GST or only $25 per week with our interest free payment plan.
Assessments: includes case studies, quizzes, written assessments, and a video interview.
Duration: A total of 150 hours to be completed within 12 months. Study at your own pace!
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 12 months until you complete.
Delivery & support: This course is delivered online with tutor support by phone and email.
Certificate in Business Administration
- Effective Business Communication
- Office Organisation and Procedures
- Time Management, Ethics and Professionalism
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- Using Microsoft Excel
- Introduction to Microsoft PowerPoint
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Fundamentals of Payroll
- Managing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable & Cash Management
- Accounting with MYOB
- Accounting with Xero
The Assessment of competence
- A professional review of your CV by an expert
- Preparation of documentary evidence for the Deakin Credential assessment process – including a written testimony and other evidence as per the evidence guide.
The Deakin University credential
- Submit your evidence and reflective testimony that you’ve developed during the Assessment of Competency via Deakin’s credential portal
- Undertake your online video testimony
- Deakin completes their assessment. You may be asked for additional evidence or testimony during this time
- Successful candidates will be issued their credential which can be shared through social platforms like LinkedIn.