Certificate in Hospitality Services (Food & Beverage)
Run a restaurant or catering business, or work in food service.
This course will help you develop a sound foundation for working in a restaurant, catering or other food service enterprise. You’ll learn everything from kitchen and food management to planning menus, managing staff and waiting skills.
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- Understand food and nutrition
- Manage the provision of kitchen facilities and the handling of foodstuffs to maximise efficiency, hygiene and service
- Learn to plan menus appropriate for a range of situations
- Manage the provision of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Learn management skills for catering in a variety of situations
- Be able to manage staff in the food and restaurant industries
- FREE Membership to the Institute of Hospitality on completion
This course is intended for
- Those looking to get into the world of catering or to improve their hosting skills
- Students who want a qualification to prove their skills
- Anyone who wants to start a small food business
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Investment: $495 + GST or from only $25 per week with our interest FREE payment plan
Assessments: Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments
Delivery and support: Online with expert tutor support via email or phone
Duration: 100 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete in 10 weeks
Access time: We allow up to 6 months access to this course
There are ten lessons in this course
- Introduction to Human Nutrition & Cooking
- Kitchen and Food Management
- Planning a Menu
- Scope and Nature of Catering Services & Personnel Management
- Management of Catering Services
- Introduction to the Bar Industry
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Mixing Drinks & Service Procedures
- Fundamentals of Wine Appreciation
Receive a FREE membership for the Institute of Hospitality on completion of this course. All of our Tourism and Hospitality courses have been officially endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality.