Certificate in Counselling & Introduction to Abnormal Psychology
Learn to help others resolve difficult issues through counselling
A counsellor’s role is to facilitate the resolution of issues, whilst respecting a person’s values, personal resources, culture and capacity for choice. Counselling provides a regular time and space for someone to talk about their problems and explore difficult feelings in a confidential and dependable environment. Start your path towards becoming a counsellor today with this accredited online course.
- Receive a FREE 12 month membership to the International Association for Counselling
This course is for
- Anybody wanting to expand their current understanding of psychology.
- Those looking to increase their knowledge of complex psychological issues.
- People looking to take a career step in the mental care industry.
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
★★★★★ “Excellent and well organized course, with very helpful tutors and strong course content.” – Mandy Pickett
★★★★★ “I have been involved with counselling on a voluntary basis – and realised that a number of tools I used were mentioned in this course and learned lots about the skills I did not have but desired to acquire – awesome!” – Karen Frith
Investment: $895 + GST or only $25 per week with our interest free payment plan. Get started now by clicking here.
Delivery and support: Online with expert tutor support via email or phone
Duration: 190 hours. Learn at your own pace but ideally complete in 19 weeks
Access time: We allow up to 6 months access to this course
The Certificate in Counselling covers the following eight modules
- Learning Specific Skills
- Listening and Bonding
- Interview Techniques
- Changing Beliefs and Normalising
- Finding Solutions
- Ending the Counselling
The Intro to Abnormal Psychology covers eleven modules
- Disorders Diagnosed in Infancy, Childhood and Adolescence
- Delirium, Dementia, Amnestic & Cognitive Disorders
- Addiction Support – Treatment for Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Schizophrenia and Other Psychotic Disorders
- Depression and Related Conditions
- Anxiety Disorders
- Somatoform, Factitious & Dissociative Disorders
- Sexual and Gender Identity Disorders
- Eating and Sleep Disorders
Impulse-Control Disorders & Adjustment Disorder