Introduction to First Aid
Gain a basic understanding of first aid with this comprehensive online course developed in conjunction with Heart Saver.
Everyone should have a basic understanding of First Aid because accidents and emergencies can happen at any time. With this introduction to First Aid you will be introduced to a range of common first aid situations, including heart conditions, diabetic emergencies, allergic reactions, and burns. You will learn how to identify specific first aid situations, how to manage the situation and common issues or signs that relate to each specific situation. No previous medical training or experience necessary.
- Gain a certificate and become proficient in first aid.
- Work with an experienced tutor and other students to successfully complete your course.
- Gain a practical understanding of first aid situations.
- Increase your chances of a new job or promotion.
- Get your foot through the door as a medical professional!
Certificate in First Aid covers ten modules
- D-R-S-A-B-C-D – The Primary Survey
- The Primary Survey – Part 2
- General Care & the Secondary Survey
- Heart Conditions, Stroke & Seizures
- Fainting, Choking & Shock
- Diabetic Emergencies, Severe Allergic Reaction, Bites & Stings
- Asthma, Hyperventilation & Poisoning
- Burns, Wound Management & Soft Tissue Injuries
- Fractures, Chest, & Abdominal Injuries
- Head, Eye & Permanent Teeth Injuries
Investment: $295 + GST or only $25 per week with our interest free payment plan.
Assessment: 10 modules / 10 quiz and one final 80 question Quiz Assessment.
Delivery: Online with tutor support via email or phone.
Duration: Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
About the developers and tutors: This course has been developed by Heart Saver.
Certification and accreditation: Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of achievement.