Certificate in Travel & Tourism
Have a career in travel or tourism!
The tourism industry encompasses the provision of all those services used by people when travelling away from home, including booking services, transport, accommodation, tourist retail outlets and attractions.
This interactive online course is designed to develop your skills in tourism planning and management. It provides a foundation for further learning, whether on the job or through formal studies.
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- Gain a certificate and understand the nature and scope of the tourism industry
- Be able to recommend tourism destinations relevant to client needs
- Advise clients on planning for unforeseen circumstances while travelling, such as financial, legal and insurance issues
- Includes utilising transport services such as airlines, car rental, shipping, bus and rail
- Be able to advise on accommodation options including camping, hostels, hotels, resorts and more
- Advise clients on package tour options to satisfy their specific requirements
- Consolidate available information and resources to plan a trip
- Obtain your RSA – get a FREE RSA voucher on completion of this course
Course is Designed to
- Provide you with the skills to undertake a variety of roles in the tourism industry
- Up-skill anyone managing a small tourism business
- Improve your confidence to help you nail that future interview!
Projected Career Outcomes
The Career Academy’s Hospitality & Tourism graduates are often employed in Hotels and Travel Agencies once they graduate. On successful completion of this course, you may be able to apply for jobs such as:
- Hotel Manager
- Tour Operator
- Event & Conference Organiser
- Leisure Activity Co-Ordinator
The Australian Government has identified Tourism as one of Australia’s ‘High-Growth’ sectors over the next two decades. Hospitality & Tourism-related roles in Australia is expected to increase resulting in 91,000+ job openings over the next 5 years. The salary range for hospitality and tourism is between $41,600 – $66,650 per year.
Sources: Australian Industry and Skills Committee, Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business, Pay Scale Australia
Investment: $495 + GST or from only $25 per week with our interest FREE payment plan.
Assessments: Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments.
Delivery and support: Online with expert tutor support via email or phone.
Duration: Approximately 90 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete in ten weeks.
Access time: We allow up to 6 months access to this course.
Qualification: On successful completion of this tourism course, you will be awarded a certificate of achievement.
This course covers nine modules
- Travel Industry Overview
- Money, Insurance, Legalities and Other Issues
- Transport – Airline reservations
- Transport – Car Rental
- Transport – Other
- Package Tours
- Travel Agency Procedure Systems
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.