Certificate in Medical Reception and Terminology
Understand medical terminology and work towards becoming a Medical Receptionist, and learn how Medicare works!
This course will teach you to use Microsoft Office to manage the day-to-day running of a medical practice. You’ll also develop the skills needed to communicate clearly and effectively in a medical environment. No previous medical training or experience necessary.
The Medicare module includes:
- An overview of what Medicare is and how to use it
- Learn the benefit entitlements and rebates available to patients registered with Medicare
- Gain an understanding of Medicare cards and insurance available
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- Gain a certificate of achievement and become a Certified Medical Receptionist
- Work with an experienced tutor and other students to successfully complete your course
- Gain a practical understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Learn medical terminology and abbreviations
- Increase your chances of a new job or promotion
- Get your foot through the door as a medical professional!
Includes a FREE bonus module on how to use Medtech and a 352 Medtech training guide – Medtech provides software solutions for the healthcare environment enabling health professionals to efficiently manage their patients.
Investment: $1295 + GST or from only $25 per week with our interest free payment plan.
Assessment: 10 modules / 10 assignments
Duration: Study in your own time, at your own pace. Generally students complete one module per week, with each module taking around 10 hours.
Start date: Get instant access to your course
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete.
Delivery: Online. Your tutors are available by phone or email to assist and support you throughout the course.
Medical Terminology covers the following modules
Scope and Nature of Medical Terminology
Anatomical Terms and Structures
Medical Equipment and Procedures
Cardiovascular, Lymphatic and Immune System
Respiratory and Reproductive Systems
Digestive and Excretory Systems
Nervous and Sensory Systems
Certificate in Medical Terminology Assessment
Medical Reception Covers the following modules
Role of a Receptionist
Medical Reception Service Skills
Time Management, Ethics and Professionalism
Maintain Patient Records
Effective Business Communication
Introduction to Microsoft Word
Workplace Health and Safety
First Aid and Medical Emergencies
Customer Relationship Management
Introduction to Medtech Evolution