Certificate in Medical Reception and Terminology
Understand medical terminology and work towards becoming a Medical Receptionist!
This course will teach you to use Microsoft Office to manage the day-to-day running of a medical practice. You’ll also develop the skills needed to communicate clearly and effectively in a medical environment. No previous medical training or experience necessary.
All courses include:
- Gain a certificate of achievement and work towards becoming a medical receptionist
- Work with an experienced tutor and other students to successfully complete your course
- Gain a practical understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Learn medical terminology and abbreviations
- Increase your chances of a new job or promotion
- Get your foot through the door as a medical professional!
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
★★★★★ “The course has been very straightforward and I have loved the tutors that have marked my work as they give great remarks in not only on my ability but most importantly in areas that i can improve in.” – Natalia McFlinn
★★★★★ “The tutors have been very helpful, the introduction email and videos were very informative and it’s great that we can refer to them in the future of need be” – Jess Wilcox
Investment: $1295 + GST or only $25 per week with our interest free payment plan.
Assessment: 10 modules / 10 assignments
Duration: Study in your own time, at your own pace. Generally students complete one module per week, with each module taking around 10 hours.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete.
Delivery: Online. Your tutors are available by phone or email to assist and support you throughout the course.
Medical Terminology covers ten modules
- Scope and Nature of Medical Terminology
- Anatomical Terms and Structures
- Medical Equipment and Procedures
- Pharmacological Terminology
- Musculoskeletal System
- Cardiovascular, Lymphatic and Immune System
- Respiratory and Reproductive Systems
- Digestive and Excretory Systems
- The Skin
- Nervous and Sensory Systems
Medical Reception Covers ten modules
- Role of a Receptionist
- Medical Reception Service Skills
- Time Management, Ethics and professionalism
- Maintain Patient Records
- Effective Business Communication
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- Understanding Medicare
- Workplace Health and Safety
- First Aid and Medical Emergencies
- Customer Relationship Management