Certificate in Medical Reception
Become a Certified Medical Receptionist in just ten weeks and Learn how Medicare works!
Developed by health experts, this online course will teach you to use Microsoft Office to schedule appointments, keep records and manage the day-to-day running of a medical practice. You’ll also become familiar with medical terminology and abbreviations. No experience necessary.
The Medicare module includes:
- An overview of what Medicare is and how to use it
- Learn the benefit entitlements and rebates available to patients registered with Medicare
- Gain an understanding of Medicare cards and insurance available
- Become a certified medical receptionist and gain a qualification to add to your CV
- Work with an experienced tutor and other students to successfully complete your course
- Gain a practical understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Learn medical terminology and abbreviations
Includes a FREE bonus module on how to use Medtech and a 352 Medtech training guide
Medtech provides software solutions for the healthcare environment enabling health professionals to efficiently manage their patients.
This online course is suitable for
- Anyone seeking a position as a receptionist in a medical facility
- Medical receptionists who want to become certified
- Anyone who wants to explore a career in nursing, medical records or medical transcription
What does a certified medical receptionist do?
Certified medical receptionists perform a wide variety of tasks, from booking or checking in patients to taking vital signs and preparing patients for examinations. With exposure to many different elements of patient care, certified medical receptionists can take their careers in many directions.
Get a FREE bonus module on how to use MedTech
Get a FREE 352-page MedTech Training Guide and access to the MedTech software.
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Investment: $995 + GST or only $25 per week with our interest free payment plan.
Assessment: Assignments, quizzes
Duration: Approximately 200 hours, to be completed within six months. Generally students complete one module per week, with each module taking around 10 hours.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months before you complete.
Delivery: Online with tutor support via email or phone.
Certification and accreditation: Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of achievement.
Medical Reception covers ten modules
Role of a Receptionist
Medical Reception Service Skills
Time Management, Ethics and Professionalism
Maintain Patient Records
Effective Business Communication
Introduction to Microsoft Word
Workplace Health and Safety
First Aid and Medical Emergencies
Customer Relationship Management
★★★★★ “The course has been very straightforward and I have loved the tutors that have marked my work as they give great remarks in not only on my ability but most importantly in areas that i can improve in.” – Natalia McFlinn
★★★★★ “The tutors have been very helpful, the introduction email and videos were very informative and it’s great that we can refer to them in the future of need be” – Jess Wilcox