Certificate in Medical Terminology
Understand Medical Terminology
This course is designed for people with no or limited medical training, who would like to work in a medical environment. You’ll develop the skills needed to communicate clearly and effectively using medical terminology.
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- Learn medical terminology and abbreviations
- Increase your chances of a new job or promotion
- Get your foot through the door as a medical professional!
Potential Career Outcomes
The Career Academy’s Health graduates are often employed in general and family health practices as well as small to medium-sized businesses. On completion of this course, you may be able to apply for jobs such as:
- Medical Receptionist
- Medical Assistant / Receptionist
The availability of Health-related roles in Australia is expected to increase resulting in 40,600 job openings over the next 5 years. The salary range for health graduates is between $49,182 – $61,459 per year. Health graduates tend to work in industries such as Health Care and Social Assistance.
Sources, Seek, The Department of Education
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Investment: $495 + GST or from only $25 per week with our interest free payment plan.
Assessment: 10 modules / 10 assignments
Duration: Study in your own time, at your own pace. Generally students complete one module per week, with each module taking around 10 hours.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete.
Delivery: Online. Your tutors are available by phone or email to assist and support you throughout the course.
Medical Terminology covers eleven modules
- Scope and Nature of Medical Terminology
- Anatomical Terms and Structures
- Medical Equipment and Procedures
- Pharmacological Terminology
- Musculoskeletal System
- Cardiovascular, Lymphatic and Immune System
- Respiratory and Reproductive Systems
- Digestive and Excretory Systems
- The Skin
- Nervous and Sensory Systems
- Certificate in Medical Terminology Assessment