Certificate in Medical Terminology
Understand Medical Terminology
This course is designed for people with no or limited medical training, who would like to work in a medical environment. You’ll develop the skills needed to communicate clearly and effectively using medical terminology.
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- Learn medical terminology and abbreviations
- Increase your chances of a new job or promotion
- Get your foot through the door as a medical professional!
Potential Career Outcomes
The Career Academy’s Health graduates are often employed in general and family health practices as well as small to medium-sized businesses. On completion of this course, you may be able to apply for jobs such as:
- Medical Receptionist
- Medical Assistant / Receptionist
Investment: $495 + GST or from only $25 per week with our interest free payment plan.
Assessment: 10 modules / 10 assignments
Duration: Study in your own time, at your own pace. Generally students complete one module per week, with each module taking around 10 hours.
Start date: Get instant access to your course
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete.
Delivery: Online. Your tutors are available by phone or email to assist and support you throughout the course.
The availability of Health-related roles in Australia is expected to increase resulting in 40,600 job openings over the next 5 years. The salary range for health graduates is between $49,182 – $61,459 per year. Health graduates tend to work in industries such as Health Care and Social Assistance.
Sources, Seek, The Department of Education
Medical Terminology covers eleven modules
- Scope and Nature of Medical Terminology
- Anatomical Terms and Structures
- Medical Equipment and Procedures
- Pharmacological Terminology
- Musculoskeletal System
- Cardiovascular, Lymphatic and Immune System
- Respiratory and Reproductive Systems
- Digestive and Excretory Systems
- The Skin
- Nervous and Sensory Systems
- Certificate in Medical Terminology Assessment