Certificate in Medical Terminology
Understand medical terminology and how Medicare works!
This course is designed for people with no or limited medical training, who would like to work in a medical environment. You’ll develop the skills needed to communicate clearly and effectively using medical terminology.
The Medicare module includes:
- An overview of what Medicare is and how to use it
- Learn the benefit entitlements and rebates available to patients registered with Medicare
- Gain an understanding of Medicare cards and insurance available
- Learn medical terminology and abbreviations
- Increase your chances of a new job or promotion
- Get your foot through the door as a medical professional!
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
What our students say
★★★★★ “The course has been very straightforward and I have loved the tutors that have marked my work as they give great remarks in not only on my ability but most importantly in areas that i can improve in.” – Natalia McFlinn
★★★★★ “The tutors have been very helpful, the introduction email and videos were very informative and it’s great that we can refer to them in the future of need be” – Jess Wilcox
Investment: $595 + GST or only $25 per week with our interest free payment plan.
Assessment: 10 modules / 10 assignments
Duration: Study in your own time, at your own pace. Generally students complete one module per week, with each module taking around 10 hours.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete.
Delivery: Online. Your tutors are available by phone or email to assist and support you throughout the course.
Medical Terminology covers ten modules
- Scope and Nature of Medical Terminology
- Anatomical Terms and Structures
- Medical Equipment and Procedures
- Pharmacological Terminology
- Musculoskeletal System
- Cardiovascular, Lymphatic and Immune System
- Respiratory and Reproductive Systems
- Digestive and Excretory Systems
- The Skin
- Nervous and Sensory Systems