Counselling & Communication Pathway
Learn to help others resolve difficult issues through counselling
A counsellor’s role is to facilitate the resolution of issues, whilst respecting a person’s values, personal resources, culture and capacity for choice. Counselling provides a regular time and space for someone to talk about their problems and explore difficult feelings in a confidential and dependable environment. Start your path towards becoming a counsellor today.You’ll complete a ten-week certificate followed by an Assessment of Competence with The Career Academy, and then a Deakin University Professional Practice Credential in business communication. The credential is a mini-degree or certification in a specific topic area.
- Gain two qualifications to add to your CV
- The Career Academy Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Deakin University Professional Practice Credential in Business Communication
- Opens doors for further personal growth via a pathway into Deakin University
- Receive a FREE 12-month student membership to the International Association for Counselling
- Flexible online study – work at your own pace in your own time
- Receive unlimited one-on-one tutor support
- Free 12 month membership to ANZMHA
This course is designed for
- Those wanting to get take their first steps towards the care industry
- Those in the care industry who would like to gain a qualification
- Job seekers wanting to upskill professionally
- Anyone wanting a Deakin University credential
Three steps to gain your Credential from Deakin University!
- Complete The Career Academy Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Complete an Assessment of Competence
- Submit your work to Deakin University and receive your credential in Business Communication.
This course is accredited by ICOES
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
What students say about our Certificate in Counselling & Communication
★★★★★ “Excellent and well organized course, with very helpful tutors and strong course content.” – Mandy Pickett
★★★★★ “I have been involved with counselling on a voluntary basis – and realised that a number of tools I used were mentioned in this course and learned lots about the skills I did not have but desired to acquire – awesome!” – Karen Frith
Credentials awarded by Deakin University
Investment: $1,495 + GST or only $25 per week with our interest free payment plan.
Assessments: includes case studies, quizzes, written assessments, and a video interview.
Duration: A total of 150 hours to be completed within 12 months. Study at your own pace!
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 12 months until you complete.
Delivery & support: This course is delivered online with tutor support by phone and email.
Receive a FREE 12-month student membership to the International Association for Counselling
Counselling & Communication
- Effective Communication
- Learning Specific Skills
- Listening and Bonding
- Interview Techniques
- Changing Beliefs and Normalising
- Finding Solutions
- Ending the Counselling
The Assessment of competence
- A professional review of your CV by an expert
- Preparation of documentary evidence for the Deakin Credential assessment process – including a written testimony and other evidence as per the evidence guide.
The Deakin University credential
- Submit your evidence and reflective testimony that you’ve developed during the Assessment of Competency via Deakin’s credential portal
- Undertake your online video testimony
- Deakin completes their assessment. You may be asked for additional evidence or testimony during this time
- Successful candidates will be issued their credential which can be shared through social platforms like LinkedIn.