Certificate in Dog Psychology, Behaviour & Training
Teach your dog good behaviour habits that will last a lifetime!
Understanding man’s best friend is vital for responsible owners and anyone working with dogs. Our 100 hour online course will teach you about canine psychology, senses and behaviour, and you’ll learn basic dog and obedience training techniques.
This course will provide invaluable information for anyone who owns dogs, works with dogs currently, or plans to work with dogs in the future.
- Understand how canine animals think and communicate
- Explore the behavioural development of puppies
- Learn the basic concepts behind dog training, and how they can apply to different situations.
- Control the movement of dogs through training and other methods.
- Discover the roles of working dogs, and the outline of how they can be trained.
Training videos provided by
Get 12-month FREE access to Sarah Whitehead Train your Dog video tutorials. This comprises a series of online videos and material by expert Dog Trainer Sarah Whitehead.
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
For every student that completes one of our dog care courses, we make a donation to the RSPCA in Victoria. On a recent visit to the RSPCA in Melbourne we found their efforts and facilities to be incredible and we fully support them in their fight for the safety of animals. RSPCA Victoria are currently reviewing our course materials.
Investment: $595 + GST or only $25 per week on an interest free payment plan.
Assessments: 9 modules / 9 assignments. Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments
Delivery and support: This course is delivered online with tutor support via email or phone.
Duration: 90 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week. Enrol today and start when you are ready.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete.
This course is designed for
- People who want to work in dog training or animal daycare
- Responsible dog owners
- People who want to work in the dog care industry
Covering nine modules
- Nature and Scope of Canine Psychology
- Canine Senses and Communication
- Understanding Natural Canine Behaviour
- Canine Behavioural Development
- Canine Behavioural Disorders
- Basic Dog Training Principles
- Dog Obedience Training
- Controlling a Dog’s Movement
- Training Working Dogs
★★★★★ “I really enjoyed this course. It was easy to follow. The content was extremely interesting and it was well set out. I have recommended this course to other people. I would love to move on to do something more in dog psychology.” Donna Mackinnon
★★★★★ “I was referred by my sister and i am grateful she told me about it totally loved it i am also going to dog grooming. excellent. I loved every bit of the course it has given me the knowledge I needed to learn.” Dayna Brady