Event Management & Wedding Planning Business Pathway
Start your own Event Management and Wedding Planning Business!
Event management is the perfect career choice for those capable at juggling multiple tasks, who can move at the speed of light and thrive under pressure! Special event planning can include many types of events, not just weddings, from conferences and sales meetings to gala dinners and awards. Learn business skills and become a certified event planner with our online course to get started in your exciting new career.
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- Gain a Certificate to add to your portfolio
- Clear overview of the most common event types
- Plan your business for success
- Developed by experienced Event Managers & Wedding Planners
- Receive expert guidance an mentoring from a Business Coach on how to start and manage your new business.
This course is designed for
- Aspiring Wedding Planners
- Event planners wanting to add weddings to their portfolio
- Brides-to-be looking to save money and make their big day perfect
- Anyone looking to start a business planning events and weddings
Investment: $2,995 + GST or from only $25 per week on an interest free payment plan
Assessment: 28 modules / 28 assignments. On successful completion of this course, you will be awarded a certificate of achievement
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 12 months before you complete
Duration: Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week
Delivery: Online with tutor support via email or phone
Accreditation: The Career Academy has worked in partnership with Wedding & Event Planning experts to prepare this course
Event Management Modules
- Scope and Nature of Event Management
- Developing the Concept
- Physical and Human Resources
- Project Logistics
- Marketing an Event
- Financial Management
- Risk Management
- Staging the Event
- After the Event
Wedding Planning Modules
- Introduction to Weddings
- Planning a Wedding
- Managing People for a Wedding
- Managing Locations Associated with a Wedding
- Managing the Programme
- Managing Services in Support of a Wedding
- Managing the Wedding Client
- Managing the Wedding Day
- Planning Your Wedding Business
- Operating a Wedding Business
Start Your Own Business
- Starting Up
- Preparing your Business Plan
- Marketing and Social Media
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
- Planning for Profit
- Employment Law & Introduction to Payroll
- Understanding GST
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Receive one-to-one mentoring with a Business Coach
Endorsed by the ILEA!
The International Live Events Association has endorsed The Career Academy as an Approved Education Partner and they have endorsed this course.
ILEA Board Feedback
“This is an exhausted approach to learning about event management and creation, and will be an invaluable to those that attend the course, particularly in the private event sector.This course is one that can be used both for initial insight, but also as a revision course for seasoned professionals.” Rui Cruz Alvez, TFI Group
“Good educational programmes are vital to the long-term growth if the events industry, but critically, in its ability to show its true value to business. We need to encourage highly trained event professionals, implementing well executed events for businesses and brands. The Career Academy have created a course that sets the foundation of these professionals to do exactly that.” Carlo Zoccali, President, ILEA UK Chapter
What our students say
★★★★★ “Ever since I planned my own weddings, I have dreamed of making Wedding Planning a career. But until I started this course, I had no idea how much more I needed to learn to work as a professional.” – Jenny Connelly
Receive a one-on-one session with a Business Coach!
Sarah is a fully accredited life coach, psychologist and trainer who has many years of experience across sectors. Sarah is an international writer and has been published in high profile magazines such as CEO magazine, World Economic Forum, and other business magazines. She is an organisational trainer and has coached and counselled individuals and groups in both the public and third sector. She is committed to helping entrepreneurs succeed in their business.
This Pathway Program includes one to one mentoring from one of our very experienced and knowledgeable business mentors, Declan Scott. Declan has a significant amount of business and coaching experience. He is a University Lecturer and a facilitator. He has run several small businesses and enjoys helping students set up their own successful ventures.
Caroline is a successful entrepreneur and founder of the Jaymen Group Ltd. She is passionate about helping aspiring entrepreneurs, running several of her own businesses while coaching start-ups, including a niche recruitment platform, a brand and PR agency, and an education consultancy. She is regularly sought after for her expertise as a consultant and has featured in CEO magazine and Inside Small Business.