Medical Reception Jobseeker Pathway
Become a Medical Receptionist!
Pave your way to becoming a medical administrator with our Medical Reception Pathway and fast track your administration career. You’ll complete a ten-week certificate followed by an Assessment of Competence with The Career Academy, and then a Deakin University Professional Practice Credential in business communication. The credential is a mini-degree or certification in a specific topic area.
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- Gain two qualifications to add to your CV
- Certificate in in Medical Reception and Terminology
- Deakin University Professional Practice Credential in Business Communication
- Opens doors for further personal growth via a pathway into Deakin University
- Flexible online study – work at your own pace in your own time
- Receive unlimited one-on-one tutor support
Includes a FREE bonus module on how to use Medtech and a 352 Medtech training guide
Medtech provides software solutions for the healthcare environment enabling health professionals to efficiently manage their patients.
This Course is Designed for
- Administrators who would like to gain a qualification
- Job seekers wanting to up-skill in the administration industry
- Anyone wanting a Deakin University credential
- Those wanting to get into the health care industry
Three steps to gain your Credential from Deakin University!
- Complete The Career Academy Certificate in Medical Reception and Terminology
- Complete an Assessment of Competence
- Submit your work to Deakin University and receive your credential in Business Communication.
Get a FREE bonus module on how to use MedTech
Get a FREE 352-page MedTech Training Guide and access to the MedTech software.
What students say about our Certificate in Medical Reception and Terminology
★★★★★ “The course has been very straightforward and I have loved the tutors that have marked my work as they give great remarks in not only on my ability but most importantly in areas that i can improve in.” – Natalia McFlinn
★★★★★ “The tutors have been very helpful, the introduction email and videos were very informative and it’s great that we can refer to them in the future of need be” – Jess Wilcox
Credentials awarded by Deakin University
Investment: $1,495 + GST or from only $25 per week with our interest free payment plan.
Assessments: includes case studies, quizzes, written assessments, and a video interview.
Duration: A total of 150 hours to be completed within 12 months. Study at your own pace!
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 12 months until you complete.
Delivery & support: This course is delivered online with tutor support by phone and email.
Medical Terminology covers ten modules
- Scope and Nature of Medical Terminology
- Anatomical Terms and Structures
- Medical Equipment and Procedures
- Pharmacological Terminology
- Musculoskeletal System
- Cardiovascular, Lymphatic and Immune System
- Respiratory and Reproductive Systems
- Digestive and Excretory Systems
- The Skin
- Nervous and Sensory Systems
Medical Reception Covers ten modules
- Role of a Receptionist
- Medical Reception Service Skills
- Time Management, Ethics and professionalism
- Maintain Patient Records
- Working with ACC & Introduction to Medtech
- Effective Business Communication
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- Workplace Health and Safety
- First Aid and Medical Emergencies
- Customer Relationship Management
The Assessment of competence
- A professional review of your CV by an expert
- Preparation of documentary evidence for the Deakin Credential assessment process – including a written testimony and other evidence as per the evidence guide.
The Deakin University credential
- Submit your evidence and reflective testimony that you’ve developed during the Assessment of Competency via Deakin’s credential portal
- Undertake your online video testimony
- Deakin completes their assessment. You may be asked for additional evidence or testimony during this time
- Successful candidates will be issued their credential which can be shared through social platforms like LinkedIn.