Reception & Office Support Pathway
Become a Certified Receptionist!
Become a receptionist with our Reception & Office Support Jobseeker Pathway and fast track your administration career. You’ll complete a ten-week certificate followed by an Assessment of Competence with The Career Academy, and then a Deakin University Professional Practice Credential in business communication. The credential is a mini-degree or certification in a specific topic area.
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- Gain two qualifications to add to your CV
- The Career Academy Certificate in Reception & Office Support
- Deakin University Professional Practice Credential in Business Communication
- Opens doors for further personal growth via a pathway into Deakin University
- Flexible online study – work at your own pace in your own time
- Receive unlimited one-on-one tutor support
This course is designed for
- Administrators who would like to gain a qualification
- Job seekers wanting to up-skill in the administration industry
- Anyone wanting a Deakin University credential
- Those wanting to get into the office space
The Career Academy is Internationally Approved and Registered with the International Approval and Registration Centre.
Earn your Deakin University Credential
- Complete The Career Academy Certificate in Reception & Office Support
- Complete an Assessment of Competence
- Submit your work to Deakin University and receive your credential in Business Communication.
What students say about our Certificate in Reception & Office Support
★★★★★ “The course is very good, covering all the aspects of the course titles. I have broadened my knowledge and looking forward to a job with this qualification. I had very good comments on my assignments. The tutors have been very helpful and prompt in giving the feedback regarding the questions which I had and also marking of the assignments. They all had been very helpful. I have recommended a friend for studying at Career Academy.” – Anila Singh
Investment: $1,495 + GST or from only $25 per week with our interest free payment plan.
Assessments: includes case studies, quizzes, written assessments, and a video interview.
Duration: A total of 150 hours to be completed within 12 months. Study at your own pace!
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 12 months until you complete.
Delivery & support: This course is delivered online with tutor support by phone and email.
Certificate in Reception & Office Support
- Role of a Receptionist
- Effective Business Communication
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- Time Management, Ethics and Professionalism
- Organise Schedules
- Office Organisation and Procedures
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Customer Service Skills
- Customer Relationship Management
- Using Microsoft Excel
- Dealing with Invoicing, Credit Policies and Cash Management
The Assessment of Competence
- A professional review of your CV by an expert
- Preparation of documentary evidence for the Deakin Credential assessment process – including a written testimony and other evidence as per the evidence guide.
The Deakin University Credential
- Submit your evidence and reflective testimony that you’ve developed during the Assessment of Competency via Deakin’s credential portal
- Undertake your online video testimony
- Deakin completes their assessment. You may be asked for additional evidence or testimony during this time
- Successful candidates will be issued their credential which can be shared through social platforms like LinkedIn.