AAT Accounting Pathway Program
Become a Qualified Accounting Technician!
View all 11 modules in this course. Get your free course guide now.
Why Choose Us?
- Fast track your accounting career, increase your earning potential and get ahead with an AAT Approved Training Provider
- Become a qualified member of the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- Gain this qualification for your CV
- Receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email
- Gain AAT Professional Membership* – once you successfully complete this qualification and meet the AAT membership criteria, you can apply for AAT full membership and achieve professional MAAT status.
- FREE Student Membership to IPA upon enrolment and Graduate Associate Membership of IPA upon completion!
Potential Career Outcomes
The Career Academy’s Accounting graduates are often employed in small businesses or within the finance department of large-multinational companies. On completion of this course, you may apply for jobs such as:
- Accounting Technician
Assessments: Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments.
Delivery and support: Online with tutor support via email or phone.
Duration: Approximately 400 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
Start date: Get instant access within 1 business day.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 18 months until you complete.
Qualification details: Gain membership to the Association of Accounting Technicians as an AAT. Gain an internationally recognised credential, respected and valued by employers. Your AAT membership will be awarded by AAT Global, not AAT Australia.
Please note completion of this Program will not meet the requirements for registration as a BAS agent in Australia. You will still need to complete the Certificate IV in Accounting or Bookkeeping to become a BAS Agent.
or from $25 week on an Interest FREE payment plan
AAT Advanced Certificate in Accounting comprises the following modules:
Accounting & Business Prior Knowledge Quiz
Accounting with Excel:
– Accounting using Microsoft Excel
– Accounting and Business- Determining Profit
– Issues in Income Determination & Asset ValuationAdvanced Accounting Principles:
– Tracking Cash & Controlling Assets
– Internal Decision Making
– Analysing Financial Reports
– Financial Reporting FrameworkManagement Accounting:
– Cost Classification
– Costing Methods
– Product & Process Costing
– Standard Costs & Variance AnalysisAdvanced Management Accounting:
– Activity Based Costing
– Budgeting & CVP Analysis
– Performance Management & Measurement
– Inventory Management & Planning
– Management Accounting: Budgeting
– Management Accounting: Decision and ControlTaxation:
– Fundamentals of Income Tax
– Understanding GST
– DepreciationAccounting with Xero:
– Introduction to Xero Online
– Xero Chart of Accounts
– Managing Contacts with Xero
– Xero Sales, Invoices, Quotes & Inventory
– Xero Purchases & Bills
– Xero Bank Reconciliation & Managing Accounts
– Xero Reporting Overview
– Xero & Payroll Add-onsAdvanced Xero:
– Bank Reconciliation & Activity Statement Preparation with Xero
– Aged Receivables & Payables in Xero
– Managing Fixed Assets with Xero
– Budgeting with Xero
– Tracking Categories in Xero
– Report Preparation and Analysis in Xero
– Customising Templates in Xero
– How to Make the Most of XeroAccounting Practices:
– SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 1
– SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 2
– SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 3
– Verification, Completeness & Justification
– Financial Statements of Limited Companies
– Accounting Systems & ControlsAuditing:
– External Auditing
“To be eligible to pursue AAT Professional Membership you are required to complete six AAT Assessments. By completing the assessments within this course, you qualify for an exemption from three of these exams, and you must complete the other three exams on-site at one of the AAT facilities in the main centres across New Zealand/Australia/Ireland. TCA will cover the costs of the initial exam only and any resit fees are at the expense of the student. The three exams that you must complete at the AAT venue are Financial Statements of Limited Companies, External Auditing and the Professional Synoptic Assessment.”
The availability of accounting-related roles in Australia is expected to increase resulting in over 84,000 job openings over 5 years. The salary range for Accounting Technicians is between $62,278 – 76,876 per year.
Sources: Seek, The Department of Education
Qualification details: Gain membership to AAT Global. Gain an internationally recognised credential, respected and valued by employers. Your AAT membership will be awarded by AAT Global, not AAT Australia.
AAT Professional Membership
To be eligible to pursue the AAT Professional Membership you are required to complete the AAT Student Membership within two weeks of starting this program, and you are then required to complete six AAT Exam Assessments. By completing the assessments within this course, you qualify for an exemption from three of these exams, and you must complete the other three exams on-site at one of the AAT Approved facilities to gain AAT Professional Membership.
Certificate in Accounting
Take the first step with our Certificate in Accounting which will give you a sound knowledge of the theory and practice of bookkeeping and business accounting. Gain employment and improve your career prospects by increasing your competence and skills in practical accounting areas.
AAT Advanced Certificate in Accounting
Step two is completing the AAT Professional Advanced Certificate in Accounting. This compressive qualification covers higher accounting tasks, including drafting financial statements, managing budgets and evaluation of financial performance. This comprehensive course builds on the practical accounting skills and knowledge obtained through the Certificate in Accounting. It will further enhance your accounting skills, enabling you to pursue a career in accounting, finance or business. See module details.
Receive Unlimited Support From Experienced Professionals
Our tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. Students receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Yash (Accounting Tutor)
It was such a challenging journey with The Career Academy. The program that I took was not really as easy as I imagined but they made sure that the students will really understand the course. My favorite tutor was Yash Mittal, his feedback were encouraging and gave me so much inspiration and more determination to finish my course.
Mitali (Accounting Tutor)
It was really great to work with Career Academy. The tutors helped me finish the course in a reasonably short time. I am proud of my achievement and am probably continuing my studies at a career academy. Thank you all my tutors:Tracy, Eden, Mitali, Bhavic
Upnesh (Accounting Tutor)
Thank you Upnesh Prasad for your colorful and positive feedback.
This gave me a fresh boost for further study.
Sumit (Accounting Tutor)
I love my bookkeeper course. It's so easy to navigate through. The teachers are amazing! They give you the motivation to reach your next module, special thanks to Sumit Sahi, his support was essential to make me feel confidence from the beginning to the end! I hardly recommend this course if you seeking to improve your Bookkeeping skills.
Bhavik (Accounting Tutor)
Very good tutor support, thank you Bhavik Daya!
My first assignment was assessed very promptly and with very well explained errors and where I needed to reinforce my knowledge.
I got some good energy for further study.
Blessing (Accounting Tutor)
I am enjoying my course. Blessing helps me when I need help. Overall I would recommend others to study with The Career Academy and would do future studies.
Bethan (Accounting Tutor)
I have received a few feedbacks from my tutors since now and must admit the best and the most motivating was from Bethan Hart. Bethan very carefully and deeply analyzed and summarize my work, giving me wonderful and encouraging words at the end. Her positive attitude really motivated me to keep my online study and convinced to work even harder. Maria K.
Tracey (Accounting Tutor)
Thank you Tracey Annan for your objective grade on my Myob payroll assignment. I can learn from my mistakes. I think it’s good to do something wrong so we can study more closely and learn more.
Tracey (Accounting Tutor)
I am satisfied with the quality of the course and specially with the tutor Awais Khan who is helping me.
Ridge (Accounting Tutor)
I enjoyed studying with the Career Academy for an Advanced Certificate in MYOB.The content was easy to understand and the instructions easy to follow as well.The timely response from tutors was exceptional,the help i received from my tutor Ridge Selvaraj was incredible,he was always helpful and even when l asked for explanations regarding the assessments his response was always clear and precise.Thank you for your assistance
Want to know more about this course?
Complete this form & learn about:
Pricing and payment options
Compare other related courses
Receive a FREE course consultation
Everything you need to know before enrolling!