AAT Qualified Bookkeeper Pathway
Become an AAT Globally Qualified Bookkeeper!
Become an AAT Globally Qualified Bookkeeper (AATQB) with our AAT Pathway for Bookkeepers and fast track your bookkeeping career! Learn to balance the books, prepare GST returns and prepare business accounts, before using the prestigious AAT Global membership to launch your own bookkeeping business! AAT Global is the world’s leading professional body for accounting technicians, with over 140,000 members. Your membership gives your clients the confidence that you meet AAT Global’s renowned international standards.
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- Become an AAT Globally Qualified Bookkeeper*
- This course has been reviewed by the Association of Accounting Technicians Global (AAT)
- Add the letters AATQB after your name once you’re a member!
- Work from home and earn up to $50 per hour once you are qualified
- Gain access to our Wheelers eLibrary with over 50 textbooks, including the Master Bookkeepers Guide
- Flexible online study – work at your own pace in your own time and receive unlimited one-on-one tutor support
- The Career Academy is a Xero Education Partner with Xero Learn – get up to six months access to Xero included with your course!
Potential Career Outcomes
The Career Academy’s bookkeeping graduates start their own bookkeeping business or work in small to medium-sized businesses. On completion of this course, you may apply for jobs such as:
- Payroll Officer
- Financial Advisor
- Assistant Accountant
The availability of Bookkeeping-related roles in Australia is expected to increase resulting in 50,000+ job openings over the next 5 years. The salary range for Bookkeepers is between $49,492 – $60,574 per year.
Sources, Seek, The Department of Education
This course is designed for:
- Those who want to work from home
- Job seekers wanting to up-skill in the bookkeeping industry
- Bookkeepers who want to become certified
- Entrepreneurs looking to start their own bookkeeping business
- Business owners who wish to save money by managing their own accounts and GST returns
This course is recognised by the Association of Accounting Technicians Global*
Get a FREE 12 month membership to AAT!
AAT is a registered charity. No. 1050724.
*The Career Academy is affiliated with the Association of Accounting Technicians UK (AAT Global). 140 Aldersgate Street, London, EC1A 4HY, United Kingdom.
Qualification details: Gain membership to AAT Global as an AATQB. Gain an internationally recognised credential, respected and valued by employers. Your AAT membership will be awarded by AAT Global, not AAT Australia.
*You will become a Qualified Bookkeeper with AAT Global. To become a BAS Agent and Qualified Bookkeeper in Australia, you will need to complete FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping.
Investment: $1,250 + GST or from only $25 per week with our interest free payment plan.
Assessments: 13 modules / 13 assignments, includes case studies, quizzes, written assessments, before a final Assessment of Competence.
Duration: A total of 100 hours to be completed within six months. Study at your own pace!
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete.
Delivery & support: This course is delivered online with tutor support by phone and email.
Please note completion of this Program will not meet the requirements for registration as a BAS agent in Australia. You will still need to complete the Certificate IV in Accounting or Bookkeeping to become a BAS Agent.
This Pathway includes the following
Certificate in Bookkeeping followed by an Assessment of Competence.
The Certificate in Bookkeeping covers the following modules:
1. Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
2. General Journal
3. General Ledger & the Trial Balance
5. Adjusting Entries
6. Financial Statements
7. Understanding GST
8. Fundamentals of Payroll
9. Accounting with MYOB Essentials
10. Accounting with Xero
11. Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
12. Bookkeeping using Microsoft Excel
The Assessment of Competence contains a comprehensive quiz made up of 50 questions, including multi-choice, missing words, drag and drop, true and false, and matching options. This quiz is designed to test your level of bookkeeping competence, and on completion you will be eligible to apply for AATQB Membership through The Career Academy.